Uggs are Manufactured by Deckers Inc. They have been making them in China for the past 3 years. They used to make them in Australia and New Zealand but have not for 3 years or more.
The uggs that are advertised as made in Australia or New Zealand are FAKES. They are not from Deckers Inc. They have copied the label and insignia but they are not from Deckers Inc.
They are subject to copywright infringment as only Deckers is allowed to use the word UGG. They have also copied Deckers labels and boxes.
4) The ones that are fake do not have a raised insignia on the bottom of the soles.
5) You can report to UGG Australia any fake ones you see on ebay at the bottom of an auction of a Fake Ugg click on Report this Item. UGG Australia’s agreements with its dealers prohibit sales on auction sites. Accordingly, UGG ugg udsalg Australia does not offer its limited warranty or rebates for products purchased on these sites and will not assist with resolution of any disputes including assistance with Pay Pal refund requests.” If the price is below retail then it is most likey a fake as only Ebay sellers who buy the boots retail are allowed to sell on Ebay. So if theya re buying them retail with tax and having to pay ebay and pay pal fees and they are not seconds and are grade a boots they will be selling for more than retail. Any boots you see being sold less are usually fakes. The price of the boot is a good indicator for a fake.
7) The quality of the stitching on the fakes is very bad.
>8) The box is different: Genuine Ugg Box is one piece with a flip open lid attached. It is a strong sturdy box. The words “UGG Australia are wrten in the middle of the lid. The Ugg Logo is a starbust orange sun. It is not big but small. Ugg now as of May 2007 has a new box. It is a box with a seperate lid.
9) The Care Booklet that comes with the boots is ugg in white. It has the words “Ugg Australia” embossed in silver. This means the letters are raised. You can feel them when you put your finger over them. Fake ones are badly printed and in silver. The pictures in the booklet are sharp and clear. The fakes ones are not. They have been scanned and printed in color and appear fuzzy or unclear. Ugg no longer puts the white booklet in the box with the boots made after June of 2007.
10) Fake Uggs do not run a size larger as the real uggs do.
11) Fake Uggs are smaller with a wider ankle.
12) Fake Uggs are taller than real uggs.
13) The heel of a fake Uggs is much narrower than a authentic UGG
14) Some fakes are not sheepskin but wool dyed and will smell of the dye. it smells of paint/lacquer which comes from the dye used on the synthetic materials.16) The UGG label on the rear of the boots is higher up on a fake and the lettering is different from the genuine Ugg. The letters may have gaps between them in the fake in the real they are overlapping.
15) The shape of the front part of the fake ugg is shorter and goes up at more of an angel than the genuine UGG which has a rounder longer finish.
16) The Black Uggs have a black Sole and a Black Label with Ugg in white. The fake have tan soles and a brown label.
17) The sole in a real ugg is flexible. The fakes are rigid.
18) The sole in a real ugg is about a half inch or more, the sole of a fake ugg is very very thin maybe ugg sko 1/4 inch
19) The height can be either taller or shorter than the authentic Ugg. One classic tall received recently from a fake was 10 inches tall for a size 6 US compared to 12 1/2″ 6 US for the authentic UGG. This means that the fake is not much taller than a classic short.
20) The box is different: Genuine Ugg Box is one piece with a flip open lid attached. It is a strong sturdy box. The words “UGG Australia are written in the middle of the lid. The Ugg Logo is a starbust orange sun. It is not big but small.
As of April 2007, Ugg is making the box with a seperate lid. The top of the box is no longer attached to the bottom. There is a big sunburst on top and ‘ugg australia’.
21) The fake may have a blue label pinned to it or a brown cloth protection bag which says “Snow Boots” these are not provided ugg københavn with Deckers Uggs.22) The font of the inside label on a fake is different from a Genuine UGG. and the outside label will have the ‘australia’ in a bolder font on the fake .
The label inside a Classic UGG should say made in China. If it says made in New Zealand or Austraia it is a fake.
22) The selller leaves out any mention of Deckers in his description. He is selling Australian Uggs but not Deckers Uggs. Don’t be fooled by this if you want Deckers Uggs. The box used is similar and copies Deckers Box and Logo, but they are not Deckers Uggs. If you email the seller he will tell you that he does not sell Deckers Uggs. An unsuspecting buyer sees authentic and thinks they are getting Deckers . The seller i is sellling “authentic” australian uggs and leaves out any mention of Deckers.