If the price is low is is probably a fake. Only people who buy from retail stores are allowed to sell on ebay. Stores that have a contract to purchase from UGG Australia Deckers sign an contract to agree not to sell on ebay. They can lose their distribution rights to sell Uggs ugg støvler børn if they don’t comply. UGG Australia’s agreements with its dealers prohibit sales on auction sites. Accordingly, UGG Australia does not offer its limited warranty or rebates for products purchased on these sites and will not assist with resolution of any disputes including assistance with Pay Pal refund requests.”
This means that the sellers who are selling authnetic Uggs are buying retail. You do the math. If you buy retail and also pay tax in some states then your cost is 120 for a classic short and 140 for a classic tall before tax. Then there are ebay and pay pal fees which amount to 15% of the items cost.
The seller is doing this to make a profit so there is room for that also. So if you see a boot that is very cheap it is probably a fake.
The Care Booklet that comes with the boots is in white. It has the words “Ugg Australia” embossed in silver. This means the letters are raised. You can feel them when you put your finger over them. Fake ones are badly printed and in silver. The pictures in the booklet are sharp and clear. The fakes ones are not. They have been scanned and printed in color and appear fuzzy or unclear. The colors are exaggerated. As of June of 2007 the Care booklet has been replaced with a cream colored card and an insert also in the beige color. Ugg no longer puts the white booklet in the box with the boots made after June of 2007.
There are sellers in Australia who are selling boots they call UGGs but not made by Deckers. They argue that the name UGG is generic and not owened by Deckers. There is a report this item button at the bottom of any auction that you can use to report a fake Deckers Ugg.
The real uggs have a raised or embosssed bottom with UGG written . The fake ones are smooth and not raised or embossed on the bottom.
The fake uggs have very poor quality control and the stitching is uneven on the label.
They also have a slight odor on them, Deckers told me this a few years ago. I do not know what it is from.
Then there are grade b boots which are sold by Deckers at their outlet. These usually have a tear on the label to indicate ugg they are not grade a.
Many sellers will sell a grade b boot and pass it off as a grade a.
If the boot is being sold as sent from China it is a fake.
Beware of all the China fakes that come onto auction. Usually in a 1 3 day auction so they are sold before they can be reported and removed.
Also many of the fake Uggs from China will have very large shipping fees with a low boot price.
The Classic Uggs are made for the last 2 years in China so the label will say made in China on a Classic Tall and Classic Short.
The Utlra’s are still made in New Zealand.
Check the feedback of the sellers but this will not always guarantee a authentic boot as many buyers are fooled and leave possitive feedback. If you scroll through the feedback you will sometimes find a buyer who realized it was a fake and reports it in the feedback.
The label should be made of material not synthetic and be half way down the inside side of the boot.
The selller leaves out any mention of Deckers in his description. He is selling Australian Uggs but not Deckers Uggs. Don’t be fooled by this if you want Deckers Uggs. The box used is similar and copies Deckers Box and Logo, but they are not Deckers Uggs. If you email the seller he will tell you that he does not sell Deckers Uggs. An unsuspecting buyer sees authentic and thinks they are getting Deckers . The seller is sellling “authentic” australian uggs and leaves out any mention of Deckers. Email the seller and ask
If the Nightfall is any other color but Chestnut it is a fake. Deckers only makes Nightfall in Chestnut.
If you see a Sundance in any other color but Chestnut Sand or Chocolate it is a fake. Deckers has stopped making it in Black. There may be old stock around but any ones selling large amounts are probably fakes.
Follwoing is a wonderful guide with pictures sent ugg sko to me by an ebayer who had purchased fakes for his daughter. There are many fake UGG boots circulating on eBay. Whilst the term UGG is not protected, the UGG boots which are made by Deckers ARE protected. These are the boots which are being faked. Some of the fake UGGS are exceedingly good and even when placed next to genuine ones will take some spotting! This guide will hopefully help you to spot them as many people are being duped
1. Most of the fakes are sold from billige ugg støvler sellers (with either low or zero feedback) in The Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Greece, Italy, Australia and the Czech Republic. The boots are actually in China and they also charge a lot for shipping and normally only accept Paypal. They will also have lots of them for sale. There are however some fakes that are being sold quite innocently in the UK because they were bought from the organised fakers via eBay and they are found to be too small. The fact is the fake UGGS are indeed too small and this is why they are then resold. A fake size 5 (US size 7) is about 1 cm smaller in foot size.
2. The smell of a fake UGG is a give away it smells of paint/lacquer which comes from the dye used on the synthetic materials. The fake will often have a blue label pinned to it and also a brown cloth protection bag which says “Snow Boots” these are not provided with the genuine ones!!
3. A genuine Deckers UGG boot has real sheepskin fur on the interior. Its fluffy looking and also thicker and a rich cream colour. The fake uses synthetic ‘fur’, is slightly grey, thinner and also small pieces of the ‘fur’ come away when rubbed. Here’s the genuine fur on the left and the fake fur on the right:
8. To my knowledge and indeed from the official UGG website, UGG do not make a CAMEL colour if your label says ‘CAMEL’ chances are they are fakes.
9. Finally the price is a huge clue. Genuine UK sourced Decker UGGS are at least anything substantially less and they are probably fakes. US sourced short UGGS are at least and tall UGGS again anything less and they will probably be fakes.